Market value is the most probable price that a single family rental investment property or other type of property should bring in a competitive and open market under all conditions requisite to a fair sale, the buyer and seller, each acting prudently, knowledgeably and assuming the price is not affected by undue stimulus. Implicit in this definition is the consummation of a sale as of a specified date and the passing of title from seller to buyer under conditions whereby:
- buyer and seller are typically motivated;
- both parties are well informed or well advised, and each acting in what he or she considers his/her own best interest;
- a reasonable time is allowed for exposure in the open market;
- payment is made in terms of cash in U.S. dollars or in terms of financial arrangements comparable thereto; and
- the price represents the normal consideration for the property sold unaffected by special or creative financing or sales concessions granted by anyone associated with the sale.
If after learning a bit more about Market Value you are curious to see how your current Investment Portfolio would benefit from performing a 1031, then I recommend signing up to receive a FREE 1031 Sizing from Conatus.
This sizing gives you info about the value of replacement properties you need to purchase and the amount of related debt on this purchase to fully defer your capital gains associated tax liability.
As an added benefit you will receive a comparison of your current income vs potential replacement property income that includes an assessment of income tax benefit between the
The Conatus 1031 Sizing is your blueprint for how to maximize cash flow from trading your equity for a multiple on income.Get My 1031 Sizing